Welcome to theWeekly. 👋
The InterPlanetary File System (IPFS) is a distribution protocol, addressed by content and identity. IPFS enables the creation of completely distributed applications. It aims to make the web faster, safer, and more open. Since that’s a pretty large scope, we track development across the eco in this dispatch.
Want this update in your inbox? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter!
Here are some of the highlights since the last IPFS Weekly.
- Releases abound! js-ipfs 0.33.0 was released and features a lot of massive changes, including a total UI revamp, API updates and a new command line tool. Check it out!
- ipfs-cluster 0.7.0 was also released to issue some bugfixes and some improvements you’ll enjoy.
- Microsoft launched an IPFS template on Azure during devcon4.
- See go-ipfs as a codebase visualisation at GoCity. Like the Sims, but better!
Meet David Dahl 🙋♂️
Last week, during the IPFS All Hands meeting, viewers were treated to an introduction to establishing identities on IPFS by David Dahl. David is a Software Engineering Researcher at IBM, self-proclaimed Decentralized Enthusiast and frequent contributor to IPFS. Check out his work on creating a Keybase-like social proof and Identity for people and organizations via IPFS. And be sure to say hi to David on Twitter.
IPFS in the wild
- Textile Threads whitepaper… just kidding… a deeper look at the tech behind Textile’s Threads protocol, 31 Oct 2018
- The Decentralized Web powered by Ravencoin & IPFS, 31 Oct 2018
- Decentralized Exchange with Open API To Facilitate Security Token Trading, 30 Oct 2018
- Datasets Are Books, Not Houses, qri Blog, 30 Oct 2018
- Hacking Graphite: Store a Document on IPFS, 30 Oct 2018
- Exploring Decentralized and Distributed Healthcare IT, 30 Oct 2018
- Decentralized or Centralized: Why Not Hybrid?, 24 Oct 2018
Updates and new releases
See the latest releases of IPFS tools and projects across the ecosystem.
- Check out the massive changelog of highlights in the upcoming release of go-ipfs 0.4.18, one of the largest go- releases in recent history!
- The :100:th release of IPFS Companion landed in beta channel, give your feedback before it gets pushed to stable.
- gatsby-plugin-ipfs 2.0.2 – Adds support for deploying Gatsby to IPFS by ensuring that assets are relative.
Tools and projects we <3
Awesome IPFS is a community maintained and updated list of projects, tools, or pretty much any things related to IPFS that are totally awesome. To see more, or add yours to the list, visit Awesome IPFS on GitHub.
- Redecentralize.org is creating a community and platform to support a fair, empowering internet.
- MetaMask mobile was launched last week. Both the mobile and the browser extension now integrate IPFS natively, resolving websites with ENS domains (.eth) from IPFS.
- Topaz tells the truth.
Coming up in the Community
Did you know IPFS has a community forum at discuss.ipfs.io? Sign up to participate in discussions about coding, tutorials, see announcements and learn about upcoming community events.
- Internet of Trust, Blockstack Paris, 13 Nov 2018
- Introducing Decentralized Camp’s second yearly hackathon, 9-11 Nov 2018
- Sign up to be notified for IPFS Conf 2019, in Lisbon.
- Introducing AraCon, the first Aragon Conference, will take place in Berlin, Germany on January 29-30, 2019.
Thanks for reading ☺️
That’s it for this week’s news on all things IPFS. If we missed something, reply to this email and let us know! That way we can feature you in next week’s edition.
点对点科技深耘IPFS与Filecoin技术，坚持区块链技术改变未来的信念。点对点 IPFS 数据中心是目前国内技术领先，性价比高、保障优的投资标的。自建杭州数据中心，合作数据中心分布于上海、宁波、河北、香港、斯德哥尔摩（瑞典）等地。点对点数据中心具有优秀的硬件配置与目前国内优质的网络节点资源。点对点科技力求将IPFS爱好者升级为IPFS领军者与受益者，让IPFS颠覆传统互联网，共同开启 WEB 3.0时代。