Welcometo the Weekly. 👋
The InterPlanetary File System (IPFS) is a hypermedia distribution protocol, addressed by content and identity. IPFS enables the creation of completely distributed applications. It aims to make the web faster, safer, and more open. Since that’s a pretty large scope, we track development across the eco in this dispatch.
Want this update in your inbox? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter!
Here are some of the highlights since the last IPFS Weekly.
- IPFS is now available in 22 languages and counting! Thanks to the recent IPFS localisation effort, IPFS is making its way around the globe.
- Cloudflare joined the InterPlanetary Mission. Check out Cloudflare’s IPFS Gateway, announced during its first Crypto Week.
- Watch the latest Dynamic Data and Capabilities Working Group meeting video from September 18 for a sneak peek at demos of identity manager and discussify, plus more.
- The first Berlin IPFS Meetup is happening on October 11th! Sign up to attend on Meetup.
IPFS in the wild
- Dweb: Creating Decentralized Organizations with Aragon, Mozilla Hacks, 19 Sep 2018
- End-to-End Integrity with IPFS, Cloudflare, 17 Sep 2018
- CloudFlare’s IPFS Gateway Makes it Easy to Create Distributed Web Sites, 17 Sep 17 2018
- An Interview with Textile, 13 Sep 2018
- The Centralized Secret, 12 Sep 2018
- Decentralisation: the next big step for the world wide web, The Guardian, 8 Sep 2018,
- Swapping bits and distributing hashes on the decentralized web, 4 Sep 2018,
- Introducing Origin Messaging: Decentralized, Secure, and Auditable, Origin, 29 Aug 2018
- Dweb: Building Cooperation and Trust into the Web with IPFS, Mozilla Hacks, 29 Aug 2018
Updates and new releases
See the latest releases of IPFS tools and projects across the ecosystem.
- ipfs-cluster 0.5.0 – IPFS Cluster is a stand-alone application and a CLI client that allocates, replicates, and tracks pins across a cluster of IPFS daemons.
- go-ipfs 0.4.17 – IPFS implementation in Go
- ipfs-companion v18.104.22.16850 (Beta) – Browser extension that simplifies access to IPFS resources, developers and enthusiasts can opt-in for Beta channel with hand-picked Dev Builds of our browser extension.
- npm-on-ipfs v0.6.4 – 📦 Install npm modules through IPFS!
- Replicated Object Notation 2.1 – Replicated Object Notation, a distributed live data format, golang/ragel lib
- DNSLink Detection in IPFS Companion: Our browser extension detects DNSLink by default now. Visit docs.ipfs.io or tr.wikipedia-on-ipfs.org and you will load it from IPFS, not HTTP! For more details: DNSLink Support in IPFS Companion
- Qri 0.5.2, or Prune Norwegian Buhund, is here!
- The Graph Development Update, 13 Sept 2018
- Polkadot PoC-2 is here: Parachains, runtime upgrades, and Libp2p networkin
Tools and projects we <3
Awesome IPFS is a community maintained and updated list of projects, tools, or pretty much any things related to IPFS that are totally awesome. To see more, or add yours to the list, visit Awesome IPFS on GitHub.
Coming up in the Community
Did you know IPFS has a community forum at discuss.ipfs.io? Sign up to participate in discussions about coding, tutorials, see announcements and learn about upcoming community events.
- 35th Chaos Communication Congress CFP is now open.
- New Meetup Alert!: peer to peer ÖRESUND, in Malmö, Swededn, on October 27.
- Sign up to be notified for IPFS Conf in Lisbon.
Thanks for reading ☺️
That’s it for this week’s news on all things IPFS. If we missed something, reply to this email and let us know! That way we can feature you in next week’s edition.
点对点科技深耘IPFS与Filecoin技术，坚持区块链技术改变未来的信念。点对点 IPFS 数据中心是目前国内技术领先，性价比高、保障优的投资标的。自建杭州数据中心，合作数据中心分布于上海、宁波、河北、香港、斯德哥尔摩（瑞典）等地。点对点数据中心具有优秀的硬件配置与目前国内优质的网络节点资源。点对点科技力求将IPFS爱好者升级为IPFS领军者与受益者，让IPFS颠覆传统互联网，共同开启 WEB 3.0时代。