Welcome to theWeekly. 👋
The InterPlanetary File System (IPFS) is a distribution protocol, addressed by content and identity. IPFS enables the creation of completely distributed applications. It aims to make the web faster, safer, and more open. Since that’s a pretty large scope, we track development across the eco in this dispatch.
Want this update in your inbox? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter!
Here are some of the highlights since the last IPFS Weekly.
The 2019 IPFS Roadmap
Wondering what comes next for IPFS? Look no further than the newly released 2019 IPFS Roadmap, shared earlier this month. Not only did we create a roadmap, but we also revised and clarified a mission statement and expanded some of the IPFS goals. We are very excited for the rest of 2019. 😊
js-v0.35.0 RELEASED 🚀
Last week, js-ipfs v0.35.0 was released, adding API changes and recursive DNS link loops, and decreasing approximately half of the bundle size of js-ipfs since v0.33! Read the full blog announcement for all of the details.
Follow IPFS Events on Twitter
Meet Bogdan Habić
Next Monday, Bogdan Habić will be joining the IPFS Weekly Call to talk about IPFS and Tenderly, the first Ethereum Smart Contracts monitoring platform. Bogdan is a software engineer, experienced in building, maintaining and scaling large-scale distributed systems. He is passionate when it comes to enabling his team, sharing knowledge, and the people side of software. Meet Bogdan on Monday, April 22 at 5pm UTC!
IPFS in the wild
- Pyramids! Coinmonks, 15 Apr 2019
- INTERPLANETARY FILE SYSTEM (IPFS), or a file system for the blockchain, Envienta, 15 Apr 2019
- Exclusive: XYO head of community explains why they chose IPFS, not build out own blockchain, Crypto Insider, 10 Apr 2019
- IPFS VS. Blockchain, Snehal Phatangare, 9 Apr 2019
- Should Independent Creators like PewDiePie Support Free Software? 9 Apr 2019
- Copyright and the distributed peer-to-peer web, 8 Apr 2019
- OpenBazaar to Launch New Platform, Mulls Own Token, Cryptosumer, 7 Apr 2019
- Telos IPFS Prepares to Launch for Dapps, 5 Apr 2019
- IPFS Privacy, Pinata, 5 Apr 2019
- Introducing the Textile Desktop Series, 4 Apr 2019
- The Decentralized Internet: An HBO Tale? 4 Apr 2019
- Using IPFS Messaging For Referral Networks, 2key, 2 Apr 2019
- Enterprise IPFS – Why Organizations Will Adopt IPFS, Pinata, 1 Apr 2019
Updates and new releases
See the latest releases of IPFS tools and projects across the ecosystem.
- js-libp2p 0.25 is out now! They’ve added auto dialing to discovered peers and have made a ton of improvements to connection management.
- The Graph’s March Development Update was recently released, including info on the addition of IPFS stream processing. 🙌
Tools and projects we <3
Awesome IPFS is a community maintained and updated list of projects, tools, or pretty much any things related to IPFS that are totally awesome. To see more, or add yours to the list, visit Awesome IPFS on GitHub.
- Introducing Hako – A super secure decentralized sharing application powered by Web 3.0
- libp2p discussion boards are open!
- Public Gateway Cacher – Cache a specific hash on a bunch of public gateways.
- Genobank DNA Wallet – A Decentralised and anonymous DNA wallet. Enables users to extract DNA, establish ownership, share (P2P) & control using Nucypher and Blockchain.
- deima is a decentralised image host that allows you to upload your images to IPFS distributed network.
Join us at the first ever IPFS Camp
IPFS Camp is taking place June 27th-30th in beautiful Barcelona. Meet the core developers and contributors to the IPFS project, community leaders, and builders on of the Distributed Web, but only if you register to attend. Registration is open now!
Coming up in the Community
Did you know IPFS has a community forum at discuss.ipfs.io? Sign up to participate in discussions about coding, tutorials, see announcements and learn about upcoming community events.
- 17 Apr 2019: Decentralized Apps w/ Blockstack & IOC with Loopback, join the folks at the Austin Node.js meetup to talk dapps and blockstack! Austin (TX), US.
- 24 Apr 2019: Introducing Hackboat, an afternoon cruise along the beautiful Willamette river while enjoying awesome infosec presentations, Portland, Oregon.
- 2 May 2019: Munich IPFS User Group: Pierre Krieger from parity talks about Rust libp2p.
- 17-18 May 2019: Data Terra Nemo is a technical conference about decentralized protocols and the software built on top of them.
Thanks for reading ☺️
That’s it for this week’s news on all things IPFS. If we missed something, reply to this email and let us know! That way we can feature you in next week’s edition.
点对点科技深耘IPFS与Filecoin技术，坚持区块链技术改变未来的信念。点对点 IPFS 数据中心是目前国内技术领先，性价比高、保障优的投资标的。自建杭州数据中心，合作数据中心分布于上海、宁波、河北、香港、斯德哥尔摩（瑞典）等地。点对点数据中心具有优秀的硬件配置与目前国内优质的网络节点资源。点对点科技力求将IPFS爱好者升级为IPFS领军者与受益者，让IPFS颠覆传统互联网，共同开启 WEB 3.0时代。