Bads. We unfortunately have to delay the . This is painful — for us, as much as anybody else — but it is necessary. We are doing , many things for the first time, and this sale will be a landmark event in the space. As a reminder, the original Ethereum sale pushed back several times before their launch. Rockets delay their launches all the time. Ultimately, it’s much better to get these things absolutely right. This is a one-time event, and there is no turning back.
Here are the reasons to delay:
- Since we sent out the averaging first investments update yesterday, we’ve received many emails and comments in various forums noting that making this change, so close to the sale, is really hard on investors, who need time to re-evaluate it. (We agree with this.)
- We think it’s important to give people more time to evaluate this change, and get comfortable with it — these are important investing decisions, and we feel very strongly that nobody should invest without understanding the details in full.
Let’s use the time wisely between now and then.
- This will give us time to answer more questions — send us all questions you have today, so we can provide answers for everyone tomorrow (we will post a new FAQ or something like it). Please email email@example.com.
- We will write some more posts, describing the economics in more detail.
- Please write to us with any and all concerns.
Also, a warning: we have seen multiple fake, scam websites pretending to be the CoinList.coSale. Stay away, and know that the sale will ONLY happen through
The Filecoin Team.