Welcome to theWeekly of 2018! 🎉
The InterPlanetary File System (IPFS) is a new hypermedia distribution protocol, addressed by content and identity. IPFS enables the creation of completely distributed applications. It aims to make the web faster, safer, and more open. Since that’s a pretty large scope, we track development across the eco in this dispatch.
Want this update in your inbox? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter!
Here are some of the highlights since the last IPFS Weekly, and remember, we’ll be back with more news on January 8th!👋
- IPLD gets a shout out in Mikeal Rogers’ talk from CascadiaJS 2018, “The Future of the Web.”
- Miss the last IPFS Weekly Call? Catch up by watching this video from the December 17th call. And mark your calendars for the first call of 2019 on Monday, January 7th when Rüdiger Klaehn will be presenting on a prototype of an IPFS-based manufacturing execution system. See you then!
IPFS in the wild
- The four factors to consider for optimal IPFS node distribution, Textile, 18 Dec 2018
- BCH Devs Publish Bi-Directional Payment Concept Based on IPFS, Bitcoin News, 18 Dec 2018
- A Distributed Search Engine for the Distributed Web, Pact, 13 Dec 2018
- Just recorded a Todo DApp based on peer-base working in a plane without internet connection. They were both connected via a WIFI hotspot. André Cruz, 12 Dec 2018
- Entering the world of IPFS, Zinc, 07 Sep 2018
Updates and new releases
See the latest releases of IPFS tools and projects across the ecosystem.
- New Release! Qri 0.6.1 (dataset publication & versioning), Qri, 13 Dec 2018
What’s coming up next for the IPFS community and ecosystem.
- Check out this WIP to add go-ipfs to openbsd ports
- Look at the progress the js-upcoming release of v0.34.0 😍 dev team has made on the
Tools and projects we <3
Awesome IPFS is a community maintained and updated list of projects, tools, or pretty much any things related to IPFS that are totally awesome. To see more, or add yours to the list, visit Awesome IPFS on GitHub.
- The public release of the Aegeus 1.0.0 Beta has arrived!
- Check out qtum-ipfs, a demo for sharing s via Qtum and IPFS.
- Quasar, by ClusterLabs, is an open, decentralized, anonymous search engine on IPFS.
- Learn to Build Decentralized Applications In an Hour: Introducing ‘Zero-to-Dapp’, via Blockstack
- Why digital tokens are the foundation for a new Internet, Blockchain Association, 13 Dec 2018
Coming up in the Community
Did you know IPFS has a community forum at discuss.ipfs.io? Sign up to participate in discussions about coding, tutorials, see announcements and learn about upcoming community events.
- AraCon, the first Aragon Conference, will take place in Berlin, Germany on January 29-30, 2019.
- The Stanford Blockchain Conference 2019 is January 30th-February 1st 2019, Arrillaga Alumni Center, Stanford University.
- IPFS will be a topic of discussion at FOSDEM 2&3 February 2019 in Brussels. Join us there!
- Sign up to be notified for IPFS Conf 2019, in Lisbon.
- Global Diversity CFP Day 2019 will be on Saturday March 2nd. In 2019 there will be numerous workshops hosted around the globe encouraging and advising newbie speakers to put together your very first talk proposal and share your own individual perspective on any subject of interest to people in tech.
- Data Terra Nemo is coming May 2019, and they’ve announced Juan Benet as their first speaker.
Thanks for reading ☺️
That’s it for this week’s news on all things IPFS. If we missed something, reply to this email and let us know! That way we can feature you in next week’s edition.
点对点科技深耘IPFS与Filecoin技术，坚持区块链技术改变未来的信念。点对点 IPFS 数据中心是目前国内技术领先，性价比高、保障优的投资标的。自建杭州数据中心，合作数据中心分布于上海、宁波、河北、香港、斯德哥尔摩（瑞典）等地。点对点数据中心具有优秀的硬件配置与目前国内优质的网络节点资源。点对点科技力求将IPFS爱好者升级为IPFS领军者与受益者，让IPFS颠覆传统互联网，共同开启 WEB 3.0时代。