Welcome to theWeekly. 👋
The InterPlanetary File System (IPFS) is a distribution protocol, addressed by content and identity. IPFS enables the creation of completely distributed applications. It aims to make the web faster, safer, and more open. Since that’s a pretty large scope, we track development across the eco in this dispatch.
Want this update in your inbox? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter!
Here are some of the highlights since the last IPFS Weekly.
- The HTTP client libraries are being renamed! The important news is that the HTTP client libraries are changing from
ipfs-http-client. True, it’s longer but way better at describing what the module is! Read the blog for more info.
- Look at these amazing cookies from @momack28’s holiday baking adventures. 😋
- Don’t forget Sander Pick is presenting Textile photos at next week’s IPFS Weekly Call, Monday at 5pm UTC.
Meet Yurko 👾
Last week, we mentioned live-streaming over IPFS, and as it just so happens, at last week’s IPFS Weekly Call, Yurko was on hand to share it with us. Yurko is an IT native with two decades of experience and an active IPFS contributor. They are also a member of Toronto Mesh, a group of folks building a mesh network for, you guessed it, Toronto! To learn more about live-streaming over IPFS, check out the video from last week’s meeting to see Yurko explain it.
IPFS in the wild
- Introduction to IPFS: Run Nodes on Your Network, with HTTP Gateways, Medium, 03 Dec 2018
- Curatorial Enclaves, Medium, 03 Dec 2018
- BCH-Powered Bitcoin Files Project Adds IPFS Support, Bitcoin News, 28 Nov 2018
- Stream videos from IPFS like on Youtube using Subby, 28 Nov 2018
- The Decentralized Internet: An HBO Tale?, Data Driven Investor, 27 Nov 2018
- Tutorial: How to host your own distributed website in just a few seconds, Pact, 27 Nov 2018
Tools and projects we <3
Awesome IPFS is a community maintained and updated list of projects, tools, or pretty much any things related to IPFS that are totally awesome. To see more, or add yours to the list, visit Awesome IPFS on GitHub.
- Check out
textile-goand the Files API for interacting with IPFS.
- Neilos offers a safer way to browse the web in which there is no risk of running malicious code on devices. Inspired by the concepts of the first World Wide Web, there is no need to run arbitrary code if we have powerful components!
- Here’s your invitation to cyberc0n: Distributed search conference organized by a code.
- What exactly are the advantages of Authpaper Delivery over online storage solutions and IPFS?
- A use-case for a decentralized distributed healthcare ecosystem
- Enjoy your self hosted music with Diffuse Music Player, brought to you by sunjam.
- The Avado Genesis Edition has arrived just in time for Christmas, with an IPFS node, an Ethereum full node and a VPN standard.
Coming up in the Community
Did you know IPFS has a community forum at discuss.ipfs.io? Sign up to participate in discussions about coding, tutorials, see announcements and learn about upcoming community events.
- OPO.js on December 7 features Alex Potsides of Protocol Labs and some other awesome speaker so if you’re in Porto, check it out.
- Get started with IPFS at the Contribute to Open Source Project IPFS in Berlin on December 9!
- The Internet Archive is hosting a Decentralized Web Meetup on 11 December 2018, in San Francisco, California.
- Sign up to be notified for IPFS Conf 2019, in Lisbon.
- AraCon, the first Aragon Conference, will take place in Berlin, Germany on January 29-30, 2019.
- Global Diversity CFP Day 2019 will be on Saturday March 2nd. In 2019 there will be numerous workshops hosted around the globe encouraging and advising newbie speakers to put together your very first talk proposal and share your own individual perspective on any subject of interest to people in tech.
- Data Terra Nemo is coming up in May 2019, and they’ve announced Juan Benet as their first speaker.
Thanks for reading ☺️
That’s it for this week’s news on all things IPFS. If we missed something, reply to this email and let us know! That way we can feature you in next week’s edition.
点对点科技深耘IPFS与Filecoin技术，坚持区块链技术改变未来的信念。点对点 IPFS 数据中心是目前国内技术领先，性价比高、保障优的投资标的。自建杭州数据中心，合作数据中心分布于上海、宁波、河北、香港、斯德哥尔摩（瑞典）等地。点对点数据中心具有优秀的硬件配置与目前国内优质的网络节点资源。点对点科技力求将IPFS爱好者升级为IPFS领军者与受益者，让IPFS颠覆传统互联网，共同开启 WEB 3.0时代。