IPFS is a , by and , aiming to make the web faster, safer, and more open. In these posts, we highlight some of the development that has happened in the past week. For anyone looking to get involved, follow the embedded hyperlinks, search the wealth of information on GitHub or join us on IRC (# on the Freenode network).
Here are some of the highlights for the January 5th Sprint:
- (specs) There was much debate in the IPLD spec about pathing notation. @mildred in particular did a lot of good work.
- (go-ipfs) The Docker image is now tested automatically on Travis, thanks to @ChristianKniep, @whyrusleeping, and @chriscool. For more, see the go-ipfs#2064 pull request.
- (js-ipfs) Now you can do
- (project-repos) A very cool organization-wide dashboard that provides a status overview of all the IPFS repos was launched. By @harlantwood.
- (community) @NeoTeo, @whyrusleeping, and @diasdavid hosted a small meetup in Copenhagen! Eight people in total showed up for an intro to IPFS, a Q&A session, and some good conversation!
Work in Progress
- (distributions) @Dignifiedquire further developed the distributions page. Click here for a preview!
- (go-ipfs) @lgierth continued the work towards the dev040 migration. Notably we have two new gateways to aid in the transition: http://v04x.ipfs.io and http://v03x.ipfs.io
- (archives) @Dignifiedquire has added to IPFS a dump of the Stackexchange archives! Details are in the archives repo. We are always looking for more help with archiving important datasets, so feel free to join us in the archives repo!
Across the entire IPFS GitHub organization, the following people have committed code since January 4th. (We’re autogenerating this list using this tool, so please let us know if your name isn’t here.) In the future, we will also include people who comment, as they are also super important; bear with us while we develop that technology.
- @chriscool (Christian Couder)
- @ChristianKniep (Christian Kniep)
- @diasdavid (David Dias)
- @Dignifiedquire (Friedel Ziegelmayer)
- @eminence (Andrew Chin)
- @ianopolous (Ian Preston)
- @jbenet (Juan Benet)
- @Kubuxu (Jakub Sztandera)
- @lgierth (Lars Gierth)
- @noffle (Stephen Whitmore)
- @ralphtheninja (Lars-Magnus Skog)
- @RichardLitt (Richard Littauer)
- @whyrusleeping (Jeromy Johnson)
- @yuvallanger (Yuval Langer)
Thanks, and see you next week! If you have cool things to share for the next next weekly sprint issue!, drop us a line in the
- Richard Littauer and Andrew Chin
点对点科技深耘IPFS与Filecoin技术，坚持区块链技术改变未来的信念。点对点 IPFS 数据中心是目前国内技术领先，性价比高、保障优的投资标的。自建杭州数据中心，合作数据中心分布于上海、宁波、河北、香港、斯德哥尔摩（瑞典）等地。点对点数据中心具有优秀的硬件配置与目前国内优质的网络节点资源。点对点科技力求将IPFS爱好者升级为IPFS领军者与受益者，让IPFS颠覆传统互联网，共同开启 WEB 3.0时代。